At Nike Communications, we are committed to a sustained approach to racial justice and equality, especially as it relates to the PR and marketing industry. We recognize the disparities and lack of equity Black entrepreneurs face on a daily basis and are dedicated to showing our long-term support to the advancement of Black-owned businesses. This is why we created the Black Acceleration Initiative. The goal of the program is to accelerate opportunities for the next generation of impactful Black-owned companies on the rise.
Eligible companies will be able to receive the following services through the Nike Communications Black Acceleration Initiative:
- Traditional PR, Influencer Marketing and Social Media support
- A dedicated team of agency members who will provide everything from mentoring and strategic counsel to reporting of program results
- Access to agency network of editors, influencers, industry contacts, celebrities and other relevant talent
- Opportunity for brand partnerships with current agency clients where applicable
The duration of the pro bono work will be dependent upon the business’s needs and agreed upon between both parties. All applications must be submitted by Sunday, November 1, 2020.
To be eligible for Nike Communications Black Acceleration Initiative services, you and your business must meet all of the following criteria:
- You are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date the Application is submitted
- You identify as Black or African American
- You are an owner of the business
- At least 51% of the business must be owned, controlled or operated and managed by Black owners
- Business must be based in the United States and incorporated as a legal entity under the laws of any state within the United States; and
- Business qualifies under one of the following categories:
- Early Stage Business: Your business has launched in the past 12 months and you are working to grow a customer base
- Mid-Stage Business: Your business has been operating for at least 2 years, you have a solid customer base and you are looking to scale your business
- Growth Stage Business: Your business has been operating for at least 5 years, has a solid customer base and at least 10 full-time employees and/or has raised at least $500K in funding to support the launch of your business
Nike Communications will determine, at its sole discretion, whether an applicant meets the eligibility criteria to participate in the pro bono program or to qualify for a particular category. Agency may, at its discretion, reclassify an applicant to a different category if applicable. Agency’s decisions regarding eligibility are final and binding.
HOW RECIPIENTS ARE DETERMINED
Eligible applications will be reviewed by members of Nike Communications’ Diversity & Inclusion Board. Submissions will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Your Brand: How your business positions itself in its respective space and what differentiates it from other businesses in the same category
- Your Plan: Your business plan for launch and/or growth and how the Agency’s services will help to achieve your business goals
To understand your business goals and needs, we request to receive the below information about your company, which can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org in a format of your choosing:
- Company overview
- Description of products or services, including:
- Market or category overview, including competitors
- Key product differentiators
- Marketing & communications objectives, including:
- Brand essence & RTBs
- Brand ambition
- Key markets in which products or services are available
- Target consumer(s)
- Timing of program and/or campaign launch
- Any marketing & communications support materials available
To apply, applicants must submit their application via email@example.com. No other method of entry will be accepted.
- All entries must be received by the end of the application period (Sunday, November 1, 2020) to be valid.
- Limit one (1) entry per person/email address/business.
- Applicants must fully complete, submit, and email all information requested in the application, as directed, during the application period in order to be eligible.
- All entries must include a valid e-mail address and phone number of the applicant.
- By submitting an application, you represent that the materials submitted are original and have been created by you and/or that all necessary rights have been secured and disclosed in the event they were developed by others.
Should you have any questions about the Nike Communications Black Acceleration Initiative, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.